Communities of Practice




Today in class we looked at communities of practice. It was not until after class I started to think about the communities of practice that I was involved in. I went to my next class and thought of an example that I had recently become apart of. I decided to join Greek Life here at the University of Arizona. I decided to join the sorority of Kappa Alpha Theta. To check out the Facebook page, click here. I think that this is a great example of a community of practice because it is something that all members decided to be apart of. Earlier in class, we talked about how some sports teams are not communities of practice because they are rather selected by someone else to be put on a team instead of everyone choosing to be on it together. I think that a sorority or a fraternity is a good example of a community of practice because every single individual that joined is choosing to be there.
                                                      Photo courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion Week Seven

Discussion Week 9

Discussion Post One