Discussion Post Week 6

Examine the uses of copyright, today we talked about fair use, and how to properly use copyright laws so that you can use other peoples work for the right intent, and not get in trouble or be copyrighting some one else's work. I think that fair use is a very good idea, that way people who created content can have their ideas spread and used by other people, but they still receive credit and no one profits it off but them. Although, because there are so many active users on the internet and there are so many people copyrighting every single day,  I could see how people could easily get away with not following fair use, and getting away with copyrighted material. Even though the laws of copyright can sometimes be complicated, I am glad that copyright laws exist so that people can get credit for their ideas. I definitely think that if I posted or wrote something, I would want the credit for it. Attached here , is an article that is very clear about fair use and the certain laws that it follows. This article is from the U.S. copyright office and states the legal definition of fair use.
Image from Wikipedia 

Comments

  1. I agree that fair use is good for the practice of spreading ideas, but also think it is hard to rely on fair use for protection, as it does not always protect you when using someone else’s work. I am on the same side as you in regards to copyright laws. If I created something and shared it on Instagram, YouTube, or really anything, I would want my art to be protected from other users.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion Week Seven

Discussion Week 9

Discussion Post One