Discussion Week 9

Anika Sands
October 19,2017
ESOC 211
Professor Daly

This week, we looked at the article, "how to make gaming more collaborative and less toxic". I thought that this article was very interesting for two reasons. First of all, the researcher studied neuroscience at the University of Washington, and worked in Bellevue, Washington which is where I'm from. Also, the experiment that they did had lots of factors that had never been researched before. I think that they picked a great game to do the experiment on, (League of Legends) because of the type of people that play the game, and also the collaborative based format of the game. Studies keep finding that when things are communicated to people in a positive and not negative way, the reform rate is much higher.
Photo courtesy of: Pixels 

Comments

  1. Wow, I am jealous that you have worked in Washington before. It is always a place I have wanted to visit. I would agree that the article we read was very interesting because I have watched some friends play league of legends before. It got me thinking more about video games in general and their unique connection to collaboration. I liked the picture you chose to add in your blog as well since I have an xbox one of my own. I have found collaboration in online gaming by playing NBA 2k or other sports games online since I was little. I love the fact how you can strategize with people you do not even know or talk trash. Overall, great post about what we learned in class this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion Week Seven

Discussion Post One